Saturday, May 31, 2008

Sunrays and Saturdays

It is finally warming up here in Satan's pants. We haven't had to turn on the a/c yet, but we're getting there. I thought about turning it on last night just to hear it run (one of my favorite sounds) but I thought Scrooge McHusband might get mad listening to his golden nickels go to waste. So I opened the windows and complained about the humidity in the house just so he could hear me whine. Didn't work. It's not as warm tonight so the open windows are fine.
Yesterday was my husbands 10th anniversary of becoming the luckiest man in the world. Ten years ago yesterday he met me at a pool party. He was in his khaki shorts (I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's sporting the same pair - if they zip they fit right?), I had on hideous blue tennis shoes that had I known I was going to meet my future husband I wouldn't have worn. If I could talk to that young girl right now sitting by the pool I would tell her to marry that cute boy, but be sure to have a pre-nup drawn up that says you will NEVER move out of the South! You are a southern girl and the south is where you belong! Does anyone else hear Dixie in the background? I'm a very lucky girl to have such a good husband and homeboy is damn lucky to have me. Just ask my mom.
Today we did a lot of nothing - which was great. It was a very pretty day. We went to the nursery to find some replacement bushes because several of ours were eaten by rabbits. Next winter I'm going to be all Elmer Fudd on their furry tails before they can eat my plants again. We bought somethings that looked like they wouldn't die instantly and also bought some more beautiful flowers for my pots. We grilled out, cleaned up and now it's time for bed (it is 8 p.m. for "cripes sake"). Super relaxing, lazy day. Hope you had one too.

2 comments:

mkfergy said...

blue tennis shoes. I cannot for the life of me remember those and I am sure I would have given you a hard time for wearing blue tennis shoes. UNLESS, they were MY blue swede shoes I got from the GAP and if that is the case, you stole them from me and I would like them back.

Peaches and Cheese said...

No, they were chunky blue skater type tennis shoes. They were very popular at the time. However, I remember being a little embarrassed every time I wore them. I think I bought them for work at the golf course.
I'm surprised bratness didn't make fun of them. I suppose he decided to save that for our first date (when I looked precious I might add).