Sunday, May 18, 2008

E.T. Phone Home...

Yesterday was the big race. I'm proud to announce that both boys finished the race and ran the entire way (which is way more than I can say for myself - I decided not to run as to not be embarrassed). Both boys received a ribbon, and a goody bag. Now, let's talk about this goody bag. First, it's from the devil! Aside from the coupons, pencils and stickers, they gave each child a Halloween size bag of gum. You heard me - gum. Who gives a three year old a giant bag of gum?! Since yesterday I have picked gum out of the carpet in the car (you know, because when it looses it's flavor just throw it on the ground - any ground apparently), jerked wrappers out of the dogs mouth, and the end all be all - had the oldest CUT gum out of the little one's hair. Luckily this didn't turn out as bad as it sounds, but for a minute and a half I had a panic attack and a screaming fit in the front yard. I'm not sure why the oldest thought that cutting and then telling me was a better option of just letting mom figure it out in the beginning. Stupid, stupid, stupid. No. more. gum. EVER!
Last night the boys wanted to watch a movie. Luckily smart, smart, mommy had the insight to record E.T Friday night so we could have family movie night. Best. Movie. Ever. It's amazing how far technology has come, and how retro the movie looks, but how much everyone can still enjoy a movie about a leathery brown alien (I always wanted one of the leather E.T. dolls - never got one - still bitter). The boys loved it and it was so much better than having to watch Star Wars AGAIN. The boys have all six of those movies memorized and if I have to hear about Sith Lords another second I might punish them by making them all watch The Princess Diaries or Strawberry Shortcake.
Hope everyone has a great rest of their weekend! Peace out!

2 comments:

Ingle Nook said...

I did have one of the leathery ET dolls. He might still be in my mom's attic--I can send him your way if he is still there!

Tiffany said...

I can send you a whole box full of Strawberry Shortcake DVDs if you have to make good on that threat.
Joe is a HUGE Star Wars fan too. We need to plan it so we are home visiting at the same time. Joe would love to play with your boys. Are you going home this summer anytime?
Do your boys collect the Galactic Heroes Star Wars guys? Joe has almost all of them!