Thursday, May 1, 2008

Mommy Dearest..

Today is Thurday and I am not at work. I actually don't have to go back to work until next Thursday. Exciting right? So, I thought that today would be an awesome day. Uh, WRONG! Everything that could have gone wrong has and it's not even noon. I still have half a day left. Gross...

Here's how it's gone so far - Last night I didn't feel well. My husband has had a cold for over a week and I want no part of it. So, I took some Nyquil (the get you drunk so you can sleep medicine) and off I went to bed. When I woke up I didn't feel horrible, but I didn't feel awesome so I snoozed for a bit. I snoozed a little too long but got up, found the oldest some clothes, woke him up, got his back pack together, made him breakfast - all in the first 10 minutes of being awake. The oldest took his sweet time getting dressed etc. and missed the bus. I was SO mad. I had been fussing at him to hurry it up but he didn't have his listening ears on apparently. So, I yelled at him. I did what any normal mom of two who hasn't had her morning caffine would do (OK, some of you are super moms but whatever). So my husband, who hasn't left for work yet for whatever reason, says "well, he's only six". It's hilarious how we use this excuse like it's a good one - it's OK he missed the bus and dilly dallied around all morning he's only six. It's OK he threw the Wii at his brother - he's only six. WHATEVER!!!! So, I told him that he needs to get up in the morning and find clothes and get the kids ready for the day and out the door. And then he says (are you ready girls) "Then I would have to do everything"!!!! Oh no you did NOT just say that! He has until this evening to take that back or his weekend will not be pleasant. Don't even think I'm kidding - I'm not.

After this insanity I finally had my caffine, breakfast and daily dose of "news" (today it was GMA. Charlie was on instead of crazy Diane and Robin was rockin with her short post cancer hair-do. You go girl). After that the youngest spilled orange juice on the new rug after I told him to leave the cup on the island (luckily for him I had already had my caffine so he didn't get the wrath of mommy dearest- NO WIRE HANGERS!) and I broke a plate that I hadn't used, but loved and had just received for my birthday - it was the cutest pineapple. Super. crappy. morning.

I had every intention of getting up, cleaning the house, going to the gym, going shopping for Mothers Day goodies, and then coming home and being Betty Homemaker and making a healthy and delicious dinner for my family. Now I'm grumpy, didn't make it to the gym, the house is half done (it was ridiculous), and mad at my husband- so I don't care if he eats cold ramen noodles or goes hungry tonight. So stupid...

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Wow--you have had a bad day. You know the worst part of my day is getting Joe up, fed, dressed, and out the door to preschool. I HATE it! It is way too stressful. I honestly can't wait to be done with this whole preschool thing. I think it's easier to homeschool three kids than get one out the door in the morning (maybe I'm exaggerating a little but you get the point).
I hope your afternoon goes a little better. One thing to look forward to--The Office is on tonight. I have to miss it again, don't have DVR and the NBC website is down so I can't watch it online. Blog about it tomorrow for me, Ok?