Monday, May 26, 2008

I'm a rock star - again...

I don't drink very often (uh oh you say). I can go months without a cocktail or a glass of wine. I figure why bother. One glass makes me tired, three makes me drunk and two is a waste of time. Then all of a sudden BAM - I'm a rock star and I must act like one! I must have 27 vodka tonics, several shots of tequila and funnel beer. OK - I'm being dramatic. However, that is how I felt Sunday morning when I got up. Go to bed feeling no pain and wake up feeling like death. Apparently I should either drink more often or stop all together. I'm going to go with be a rock star every so often because seriously I'm a hoot and the people of Satan's pants need to be entertained on occasion with my witty and humorous banter ( I'm not sure if anyone else would agree who saw me this weekend but ask me if I care - I don't).
This weekend was sort of fun. The kids were gone on Saturday and I went to dinner with some girls while my husband went golfing. Now these girls and I have a love hate kind of relationship. I love some and some drive me so FREAKING crazy it makes me want to spit. Mean but true. Since I am a good wife I decide to go out and then meet the guys for drinks. Dinner was OK. The food was good but the convo could have been a little better (aka dullsville). When we met the guys out is when things started picking up. All I'm going to say is that if I had known about the upside down margarita in college I would have been much more cool and popular. Possibly in an AA group right now, but super popular. After that we went to a country bar - Yee Haw! Some how when I drink I then know every word to every country song ever written - Git er done...
As we've already established Sunday started off a little rocky. However, my husband fed me Moe's and I was good to go. We drove up to the cottage, ate more and slept. This morning we got up early to take the boys on a bike ride. I don't have a bike so I borrowed my mother in laws. Let's just say when I do go buy my own it's going to have a bigger seat or I'm not going to make it around the block much less on lengthy rides through the crap land. Again, maybe Midwest tent and awning will have a bicycle seat big enough and with extra cushion for my large and in charge "bum". There is no reason to ride around in the hot sticky sun with a sore bottom.
Hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend. Hope you ate good food, soaked up some of the hot sun and relaxed. And if you partied like a rock star - Party on dude...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope Tiff doesn't read this

Tiffany said...

Oh yeah-- I just read it and hear comes your lecture--

I think you need to go to your room and think about how stupid you are!

Just kidding--:0), sounds like you had much more fun than I did this weekend, you go rockstar!

Ingle Nook said...

You're blog cracks me up! I don't know if that is your intent but it gets me laughing out loud. My weekend was much less uneventful than yours--when I used to drink I thought I was a rockstar but later realized I was one of those "posers" who only thought they were a rockstar! Party on girl!