Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Sisterhood of the traveling brats...

Back in college (yeah, college) I was in a sorority. I was the girl who didn't take it seriously, didn't want to be on council, rarely paid her dues and pretty much was there for the parties and the cute t-shirts. There were others who took it WAY to serious and are probably still sporting their pins (you can make them into a ring you know - GAG). Anyway, most of my "sisters" are now married and are starting to have families. The other day I received an email from a "sister" reporting that another had just had a baby girl. Here's how it went: Bratness McSlut delivered a precious baby girl today named Bratness Jr. She weighed 8lbs 4 oz blah blah blah. Welcome to the family. Seriously THE FAMILY! I haven't seen Bratness McSlut since my wedding when I decided she was trash and I couldn't believe I wasted the money for her and her now husband to eat and drink. They didn't even bring a gift. Anyway, not 3 minutes after that email I received another one that said: "Welcome Bratness JR. you are now a legacy". Again SERIOUSLY! It's been ten years people. No one cares anymore. I couldn't tell you what our letters meant, what we stood for or what our rituals were. I could tell you the colors, mascot - who I will go on record and say is so freaking ugly and should really be changed- flower (filler flowers), and the part where I partied like a rock star, was voted wittiest, and that I got in trouble on way more than one occassion. I keep in touch with oh, 10 sisters max. and could really care less about the rest. Mean maybe but reality. I do wish Bratness McSlut all the best with her new daughter - really I do. However, if she turns out like her mom then the sorority might want to step away from the legacy.
PS No it has not escaped me that I'm being mean. I never said my name wasn't bratness mc -something. However, you can bet your butt it's never been McSlut...

No comments: