Monday, April 28, 2008

The Weekend Update...

The Gala was a huge success! We were able to raise a lot of money for a lot of needy children in our community. My dress was cute, my arms were still fat pasty and white (Mystic tan is a giant waste of precious minutes you will never get back), and the women were snotty (mostly - if you're reading this and were also at the Gala I'm so not talking about you). I would say it went pretty much as I expected. The only good things to come out of the evening was that I was able to spend some time with some friends, assist in raising money for the kids, and one of the ladies I don't like has put on quite a bit of weight and her dress didn't fit! HA -What could be better than that!
Saturday I did NOTHING! Take that back. I cleaned the kitchen, picked up the house and watched the NFL draft. Yes, I like watching paint dry. It was an opportunity to spend some time with my husband and do nothing at the same time. All I can say is DESEAN is awesome! He is my new favorite player! How can you not love a guy who is on camera for an entire day waiting and waiting to get picked for - any team really - and get passed on over and over again. Bless his heart! He had even dressed up for the occassion, was surrounded by family and was pitiful! He kept looking at his phone -I guess to see if it was on and working. Kind of like - if it aint ringing it's EVERY TEAM IN THE NFL not calling. I was beside myself. FINALLY, he was picked up in the second round by the Eagles. Whew. So you go DeSean - go catch a ball or block someone or make up a catchy dance or something. Keep it real DeSean, keep it real.
Today I had to go to work which stunk AND to make it worse (much much worse) it was SNOWING when I got up this morning. Giant, fat, useless, ridiculous flakes of devil! So stupid.
They promise it will warm up here by August. I'm not putting money on it though.

2 comments:

mkfergy said...

Mom and I felt TERRIBLE for DeSean and there was another guy...I forget his name. He was taken after DeSean though. Thank Goodness. However, whatever round they are taken in, they are still making buckets more money than I am.
Glad your Gala was fun!!!

Tiffany said...

We are so not football fans around here so I have never even heard of DeSean but I'm glad he got picked anyway.
Where do you work? I thought you stayed home.
Glad your gala made some money and I'm sure you looked beautiful!
Aren't fat arms the worst?? I hate when my sleeves are tight because of a fat arm, as though there isn't enough fat on my butt, it should just congregate there and leave my arms alone.