Thursday, April 10, 2008

Farewell Michael Johns

I'll admit it, I watch just about anything on TV. Trashy reality is a must at my house and my DVR runs non stop. I'll watch The Hills, Real Houswives of anything, Rock of Love just to name a few. I love TV! American Idol was one of our favorites here too. Two years ago I voted non stop for Chris Daughtry just to have him voted off early. So stupid. I decided to boycott the show then and there. I didn't watch a minute last year. However, I decided to give it another try this year because I heard about how awesome everyone on the show was. What a surprise for me to find out that I knew one of the contestants - Michael John's! Well not knew like BFF, but knew like - hey I saw you in Atlanta playing at a bar and you ROCKED! So how bummed am I tonight that he's been voted off! I think it's cheating! I think it's crap! Did I think he was going to win - no, not really (David Cook is crazy good). Do I think he's better than the country girl with the 1992 perm who stands like a hooker - yes. Do I think he's better than the looney as a tune little boy with the crazy father - YES! Do I think he rocks the pants off the crazy irish girl who dresses like wonderwoman on crack- Yes. I'm so super upset right now. I think he's great. So what if his demographic seems to be lonely housewives in their 30's - we're still hip and cool in a minivan with a spoiler kind of way. We still know a good thing when we see one. We can still party like rock stars until 10 p.m (do I hear a whoo whoo).
So, here's to you Michael John's - you adorable aussie - just know that I voted for you until my fingers fell off, I told everyone I know here in this pit that I knew you and they should vote for you (OK, so I embelished a bit) and I wouldn't dare kick your cute butt out of bed for eating crackers (now I've crossed the line a bit). Farewell from your number 1 (apparently insane) over 30 housewife fan. XXXOOO! Keep rockin!

1 comment:

ashley said...

I literally had an all out hissy fit when MJ was voted off while that little horse-riding cage-fighter stood there swaying and clapping to the stupid-ass American Idol theme song.

I swear, American voters are wacked out. Who doesn't want to watch his hotness parade around?