Friday, August 8, 2008

Things that go bump in the night.

My husband was out of town last night - again (whatever). Last weekend when he was gone I was fine. I slept great - in bed early and up late just the way I like it. Last night however was quite different. After dinner the boys and I went outside to see if any of the neighbors were out and say hello (see I'm a fairly nice person). My next door neighbor was out - and freaked out. She was also home alone and thought that there was a critter in her basement. Instead of going downstairs to look, she was going to go to the back yard to look through the windows. I thought she was a bit whacked out, but who am I to judge. Luckily there was nothing in her basement.
After playing for a bit we came in so I could eat my dinner and watch some trash on TV. Since it is summer there isn't a lot on right now. Luckily I'll watch almost anything so I became totally enthralled with a show on Discovery called Diagnosis Unknown. I tuned in half way through an episode where the wife poisoned the husband with some type of seed that gives a person ricin poisoning. Pretty scary stuff. The second episode was about another wife poising her husband by putting something in his sweet tea. Since I knew where this episode was heading I went to bed.
After turning off the lights and attempting to go to sleep I thought I heard something in my room. I turned on the light and it was my dog. Tried to go back to sleep. Several minutes later the dog growled in the dark. Turned on the light again - apparently he was growling at his pillow. Then I woke up again because I thought I heard something in the den. When I sat up I thought I saw the door swinging back and forth very slowly. Now, I also watch Paranormal state and I did not want to have to call Ryan and the team to come and investigate so I quickly turned on the light and realized it was the stupid dog again thinking now would be a good time to try and lay on the couch (which is totally against the rules and he knew he was busted). I tried once again to go to sleep and thought that there was a strange light coming from outside. Turns out it was the neighbors. Since it was barely past 10 they still had their porch lights on. I then said to heck with it. If the poltergeist needs to get me then so be it.
Needless to say today I am sleepy. I'm looking forward to going home, eating dinner (the jury's still out on if we'll go to Moe's or not), and watching re-runs of Ghost Whisperer (told you - trash TV). Then I'm going to go to bed with garlic under my pillow and holy water beside the bed so I'm sure to be safe.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I hate when I have to sleep in my house alone (well--not really alone, I have three kids but without Ollie it feels alone). Every sound scares me. I will usually sleep with the tv on or the radio so I don't hear those things that go bump in the night. I'm always relieved when morning comes.