Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!!!!

We had a fairly uneventful Halloween. Excluding the sugar high we did pretty well. The boys dressed up like a Clone Trooper and Darth Vadar. Pretty scary. It was a beautiful warm day here today - low 60's - so it was perfect for Trick or Treating. It's never been this warm on Halloween here before. The boys are usually in hats and mittens (or socks on their hands if I haven't gotten around to finding mittens for the year - which I haven't) and long underwear and look more like snowmen than whatever they've dressed up as. This year I still had them in long underwear - we can't break tradition - and when they got home after running house to house they were burning up. The little one was on such a sugar high that he kept yelling for me to take off his costume.
Last year TC bought a stupid mad scientist named Dr. Shivers that says spooky crap and holds candy. I hate him. The little one was afraid of him last year and things didn't get much better this year. We brought him upstairs from the basement last weekend and put him in the dining room. Darth wouldn't go in the dining room all week. He kept telling me "I'm tough, I'm not scared" but wouldn't go in the dining room alone. I wanted to take a picture of him and Dr. Shivers but he wouldn't go near him. We've used Dr. Shivers as a threat - like shape up or you're going in the basement with Dr. Shivers. Whips him into shape every time. When his brother gets mad at him he goes and turns him on so he'll talk. The little one can't handle it. It's mean I know but sometimes you've gotta do what you gotta do :) Dr. Shivers is going back in the basement tomorrow. The little one can stay with me.
Hope everyone had a spooktacular Halloween and had some boolicious candy! I told my neighbor that I was craving butterfingers so she gave me at least 12 full size bars. TC was super embarrassed. Whatever.
Now let's get ready for Thanksgiving - Gobble Gobble.... and Christmas. Santa will be here before you know it (lawdy, lawdy).

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

We were excited to get to trick or treat without sweating in our cute costumes. We were even a little cold which was really weird. I'd love to see pictures of your kids in costume. E-mail me!
How are the projects around the house coming?

Peaches and Cheese said...

There are a couple Halloween costume pics on my facebook page. The boys weren't really interested in having their picture taken - too many houses to hit.
The projects are coming along. A lot left to do. Do you want to come and help ?