Saturday, November 1, 2008

Stop calling - I'm voting!

Now that Halloween is over we have to start focusing on voting Tuesday. I'm ready to stand in line to cast my vote - Satan's pants doesn't offer early voting - even if it's against the opinion of many. As nervous as I am about the state of the country (more after Tuesday than right this minute - however, I'm not "discussing" my politics here so no one needs to get their panties in a wad) I'm REALLY looking forward to Wednesday when it's all over.
I'm am registered with my party. I am not registered as an independent but have aligned myself straight party. My husband is registered as an independent (although with this election he makes me look more Nancy Pelosi to his Newt Gingrich which is scary) as he doesn't want to be aligned with a certain party (come on TC, but on your big boy pants and declare yourself). Between the two of us we've given in the hundreds of dollars to "MY" party (I know, I know we're awesome) to help with their election. Our presidential candidate and congressional candidates have used our hard earned money to make their awesome commercials, clever print ads and automated telephone calls.
I've HAD IT with the phone calls. One would think that if I've registered with a certain party that party wouldn't have to call me 270 times a day. You've got my vote - call someone else! I could almost see the opposite party calling - maybe seeing if I've changed my vote, maybe they can persuade me to change my vote - however, they've only called a handful of times. My party won't stop calling! They need to take my $100 dollars and call someone else. I know they aren't calling to persuade TC - he signed the checks! Prank call the idiots down the street for all I care but STOP CALLING ME! I don't even pick up the phone anymore. Today is Saturday, 10 a.m., and I've already gotten a call. I could recycle political mail into bricks and build a house. And if I hear "I approve this message" one more time I'm going to throw one of the bricks at the TV (luckily we have Tivo so I just pause and fast forward).
I'm looking forward to this all being over. I'm hoping not to have to hear about it from EVERYONE - neighbors, people at work, the poor kids who don't understand, and the campaigns themselves. I'm hoping to getting back to focusing on other things like do the boys want a Millennium Falcon or an AT- TE for Christmas (I have no idea what either of them are but I've heard almost as much about them as I have McCain and Obama) and does the caboose really need to kick me as hard as he does.
Everyone needs to vote. It's very important and is part of your civic duty. You can't complain if you don't vote - and everyone knows I'll need an excuse to complain. So,do your part, cast your vote and be proud to be an American!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I'm with you on this! I have quit answering my phone.

Grammy said...

Hey Cah, I noticed on the weather channel that you might be getting snow showers this weekend, I know you can't wait!!
Love you,Aunt Ricki

Tiffany said...

Time for a new post!