Saturday, November 22, 2008

Deer Widows Weekend

This weekend the people of Satan's Pants call two things - The beginning of deer hunting week or Deer Widows Weekend. Either way it means the boys are hunting (and some ladies too if you enjoy traipsing through the bitter cold in head to toe blaze orange) and the ladies are left to their own devises -shopping, drinking, eating - and not necessarily in that order. Usually I enjoy these weekends. Typically I find a sitter and go to a movie or out to dinner with friends. This year I'm home - alone - bored.
Not that I don't have a to do list from here to Georgia. I do. I just don't have the energy or desire. I wanted to decorate for Christmas (minus the tree), clean the house, make a grocery list, and start/finish my Christmas cards. So far I've attempted to clean the house, I've rummaged through the basement to find my Christmas decor and I've thought real hard about the list and cards. Maybe tomorrow I'll think about them again...
This week is going to be a monster of a busy week. I have a conference with both boys teachers, I have a Thanksgiving feast at work (we're having hot beef - who the heck has hot beef for Thanksgiving) and I have my to do list all before my parents come Wednesday night. If I don't get my list accomplished I hope they aren't disappointed with a half decorated house and no food. I can live off Rice Krispies and diet coke - why can't they.
If I don't have time to blog during the next week or so I hope everyone has a very Happy Thanksgiving. For everyone traveling - stay safe. For everyone staying home, enjoy yourself and for goodness sakes don't have hot beef!

2 comments:

ashley said...

Hot beef. Is that like a hamburger right off the grill? A meatloaf? A roast? Manwich? Or all of the above?

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

Peaches and Cheese said...

OK - the only thing worse could be a manwich (HAAAAAHAAAAAAA). Hot beef is a roast in the crock pot shredded and put on a roll. It's what my husbands family did every Christmas eve until I showed up and ruined everything - with pork and BBQ sauce...