Monday, November 10, 2008

Where is my happy place?

So, the election is over - thank goodness. The phone has barely rang since Tuesday. I'm actually kind of lonely. Now instead of the commercials being political they're Christmas! I would say it's too early for that but I'm decorating the house next weekend so why not get in the spirit. My mom and dad are coming to Satan's Pants for Thanksgiving and to celebrate Christmas so I figured I would go ahead and have it (almost) finished. Also, since the election is over and my guy lost, a little Christmas spirit should help with the depression running through the house. We can take a month to reflect on something and someone else more important.
I really don't have a lot to say. I'm SUPER BUMMED about the election. I really hope that the President Elect is either going to change some of his policies or come to his senses. I hope that he realizes almost 1/2 the country does not agree with him and if he wants to run again in 4 years he needs to be more centered. I hope the good things he's promised he'll follow through with. I hope Nancy Pelosi is put in her place and told to shut up and get that stupid grin off her face before I slap her into next Thursday (OK, I'm being nasty I'll stop).
I've taken a week to try and deal with some of these issues before I ranted about them but I'm still ticked, scared and worried about the state of my country. I'm concerned for the future of my children, myself, my husbands job (which is in health care - as in Health Insurance) and the future of everyone I care deeply about. I'm concerned that my husband is going to go off the deep end and take me with him. I'm worried that my midwife isn't going to let me take any meds for my irrational behavior. I'm worried that I may have to hit TC in the face with a stick (and if I do - he TOTALLY deserves it).
I wasn't going to rant about politics here. I realize some of my "readers" may feel differently than I do. I do not mean to offend. However, this is my blog and if you don't like it you don't have to read it. Hopefully soon I'll feel like writing a what not to wear blog and we can be friends again then. This is my place to get things off my chest - deal...
Now, I'm not saying that the current administration has done a bang up job. They have not. However, I always thought the trickle down effect worked a lot better than the trickle up. I guess though if after the inauguration TC's job is eliminated, we have to sell our beautiful home and live in a shack then I will come to appreciate the spread the wealth. Who though is going to have the wealth to spread - not us - it's been taken it away.
OK enough - everyone think of rainbows, puppies and babies and feel better. I'm going to go do my breathing exercises and see if I can find my happy place. I promise my next post will be more uplifting - for you anyway. TTFN!

3 comments:

ashley said...

Ugh...I hope someone stops him. I hope you and the hub find a happy place to ride out the anticipation.

Peaches and Cheese said...

You're sweet Kindredly. As soon as I can drink again I'll probably find my happy place at the bottom of my wine glass :)

Tiffany said...

Just take life one day at a time and for heaven's sake--turn off the news! Watch soap operas or something. I can hardly stand to watch the news because it stresses me out. You can learn everything you need to know about the world from Saturday Night Live. Trust me, I'm speaking from experience, if it's big enough news you'll hear about it. I hope you find your happy place, maybe at the bottom of a bag of donuts? I miss those pregnant days eating whatever I wanted.