Sunday, October 26, 2008

Procrastination...

I am beyond annoyed right now - totally. 100%. annoyed. In the next 2 months I have to get through Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Not to mention we have school events, TC is going hunting, my family is coming for a visit, Christmas parties, shopping etc. all before we have our third child in January. No pressure really. In that time I need to accomplish a multitude of projects here at the house. I need to convert a storage area into a play room, convert a play room into a real room, remove tacky furniture that I hate and TC insists we may need some day (maybe for the bonfire I'll have in the back yard if it's not removed soon but not for anything else), and set up a nursery. I would like all of this done before Thanksgiving so I can sit on my large and in charge ass and eat peppermint bark and watch sappy movies during the Christmas season.
Here is the GIANT problem - my husband. He has absolutely zero desire to get anything done. Yesterday after breakfast he wanted to make a game plan. I was elated. I thought that maybe we would have some of the hard stuff finished before the end of the weekend. After looking at all the crap we have to do he basically turned off his listening ears and decided to find anything else he could do instead of what we had just discussed. Yesterday he swept the kitchen, went to the grocery store, made chicken dip and cheddar biscuits for a party we were going to and though it might be a good time to finally change the knobs on the closet doors in the basement that I've wanted changed for a year now. The screws were too short so he was going to go to the hardware store. That's when I threatened his life. I totally appreciated the sweeping and the baking since it needed to be done anyway but seriously. This morning he decided today was the day he was going to go help his parents rake their yard. As much as they do for us and as much as they deserve our help, I'm not sure why today out of the last 5 freaking years was the day he needed to rake. I told him if he left the house without getting the crap out of the soon to be play area he could just stay at his parents. He accomplished that - and when he gets home he's going to take the trash to his truck so in 6 months he can take it to a dump somewhere. So stupid.
I realize I'm also procrastinating at doing what needs to be done. However, I'm 6 months pregnant and have an excuse. What's his excuse - too damn dumb? NO! He's not - he's super smart and kind of helpful and if caboose doesn't have a place to sleep when he gets here I'm going to be pissed!!!!! I realize the baby can sleep in a box if need be. However, if you or he thinks I'm going to have more energy after the baby gets here then you're all smokin the crack pipe!
I'm going to go and get something accomplished. Tonight I'm going to lay on the floor and moan about the pain in my backside that won't go away from doing too much work. I'm then going to go to bed and take all the covers. Tomorrow I'm not going to wash any of his underwear and fix his least favorite meal. Then I'm going to complain about my back all over again. Two can play your game TC and everyone knows mama always wins.

UPDATE: Jackass showed up an hour late from helping his folks. He was "impressed" with what I had accomplished. Wanted a hug - did not get one. Didn't understand why I was annoyed today when he told me about this yesterday. Answer: I reserve the right to become annoyed at any time. He is now building the shelves we bought - at 5:30. I guess he's showing me. Now I'll be forced to clean up the current play room and start moving crap. However, I can't do that by myself either. Do I have to pout again next weekend? Probably...

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

You have totally cracked me up with this post! Is your back okay today? Did you lay in the floor and complain about it last night? I hope you get everything done on your list. Just take it one thing at a time. Do one thing a day and then reward yourself with some rest and some chocolate.

Ingle Nook said...

This is so funny! I love the pre-meditated complaining-

ashley said...

My therapist keeps telling me that I need to let Jonathan do stuff in his time...which is always a day later than I originally wanted. It never works. I still whine, and he still does things years after I request.
I thought you got an immediate Get Out of Jail Free card for being Pregnant. You shouldn't be lifting, moving or cooking during those nine months. Men suck. They don't have to push a cantaloupe out of their hoo-hah, the least they could do is take the damn trash to the dump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peaches and Cheese said...

Kindredly,
Do things in their own time my ass. It would NEVER get done. Find a new therapist.
Love,
Peaches :)