Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Yeah hormones

I've been a terrible blogger lately. It's not that I don't want to humor you with my banter, I just don't have a lot to say. I have a bit of the pre "baby blues". This should not be confused with my all out hate of everything Satan's pants. That's another ailment all together. It seems that everything is bringing me down right now - winter, the economy/election, all clothes beginning with maternity, and now after watching Good Morning America and The View, Robin Roberts and breast cancer. Seriously - I think I need happy pills (do they let pregnant women take those?).
Fall in the Midwest is beautiful. It's crisp, cool and lovely. However, do you know what comes after fall? I can't even say it. It's like one of those bad words that I don't say but my sister does (she totally called me one in the comments of my last post - classy). I hate hate hate winter. This sweet southern girl was not meant to wear a parka and snow boots. I actually had a discussion with my husband the other night about whether I should buy these really soft mittens I found or if I should try and find some flip mittens instead since I was going to have to lug around a baby carrier (we're still pondering). That should not be a conversation! I know some of you are thinking that I'm worrying a bit early but I'm really not. Chances are I'll have to buy the boys long underwear to wear under their Halloween costumes. One year the little one had to wear socks on his hands because I hadn't bought him any mittens yet. We went to four houses before his nose was running and his fingers were frozen and he was screaming. Good times.
The economy is something I just can't talk about. Mainly because I'm not truly understanding the crisis. I have though become consumed with watching the stock market. I log in to yahoo every hour to see if it's gone up, down or stayed the same. I have no idea why though. It's obsessive compulsive and makes me sick and nervous. There is no telling why. I understand that we have major problems to work out. However, I have faith that things will work out at some point. I have faith in my husband that he will take care of my family. I'm worried about it like everyone else but I think I may have gone to an extreme.
Maternity clothes - need I say more? Stupid, ugly and more stupid. I look gross and fat and I'm not happy about it. The sad thing - I'm only going to get bigger. I won't stay this size. No - I'll expand even more until I freaking pop. Will it be worth it in the end - yes. Is it worth it to me right now that you're listening to me rant about tacky clothes - yes. Thank you for that.
As far as Robin Roberts goes - bless her. I've followed her story this past year and I think she's handled her situation with a lot of grace. Today however, it struck me a bit differently and I had to cry about it. Not once, but twice. She's doing fine, I'll be fine, we'll all be fine. However, some happy pills might make everything a bit more fine....

3 comments:

mkfergy said...

Does she have breast cancer again? I did not see that but I woke up late and ran around the house trying to get ready.

The view...don't watch it...it stinks.

Peaches and Cheese said...

No she does not have cancer again. However, she's done a special report on her year with breast cancer and it made me sad and anxious - just like everything else...

ashley said...

new one new one new one!!

(I'm chanting.)