Thursday, July 31, 2008

Georgia on my mind..

I'm back in Satan's Pants after spending a week in Atlanta (aka home). It's always so nice to be home (even if it is 102 degrees in the shade), and I'm very sad to have to be back in the land of corn and poo.
While I was home we had pictures of the boys taken, ate, swam, ate, visited with friends and family (my nephew is precious and his selfish mother won't give him to me), ate and ate some more. I would feel bad about all the eating but I totally don't and I'll tell you why. In Satan's pants you can't find BBQ, decent peaches and watermelon (peaches from California that are shipped to the midwest are not peaches, they're devil fruit and I've told the grocer this and anyone buying them - true story), and my grandmother isn't here to make me chicken and dressing. I can't go to my favorite restaurants here (The Steamhouse Lounge - free advertisement just for you), and the food isn't made with love like my moms spaghetti and chocolate cake (and cupcakes but whatever - I'm eating for 7 here do don't judge).
When you live somewhere you don't realize how much you will miss the simple things like BBQ and Chick Fil-A that you don't even realize you like that much. When you move and can't get such deliciousness you miss it and therefore have to eat like a piggy when you go home. I'm sure if we ever move away from Satan's Pants I will miss - cheese...
Hopefully I'll have more fun and excitement to tell ya'll about soon. It was a pretty uneventful vacation which is the way it should be. I'm fat, pregnant and boring and totally OK with that. I'm tired right now so I'll have to think about some funny banter to grace you with later. Until then good bye and good luck...

1 comment:

Emily Jo said...

This wasn't a good post to read when I was STARVING! I used to live in the south also, and boy did I love all the food.

Chick-Fil-A's chicken biscuits are my personal favorite and the reason for large amounts of weight gain in early 2000's.

Now I'm in the midwest (Nebraska/Iowa) also, and we have a few Chick-Fil-A's up here. Here's hoping they find their way to Satan's Pants, too!