Saturday, July 19, 2008

Heart and Hand...

The appointment went fine - eventually. I had a stinking suspicion that they weren't going to be able to find a heartbeat with the Doppler and I was right. I was nervous when I got there which made my blood pressure go up and I was super on edge. I snapped at the midwife that I had no desire to discuss my weight and pretty much filled her in on how much I dislike living in Satan's Pants. Great first impression (my other midwife was busy - whatever). Luckily being a midwife has taught her not only how to deliver babies, but how to deal with bratty moms.
After searching for the heartbeat for what felt like hours (possibly 5 minutes but it felt like an eternity), they decided that in order to make sure everything was OK I should really have an ultrasound. After getting gooed up again I was able to see the caboose floating and swimming around having a good good time. Baby was less than cooperative (imagine that) and didn't want to be still long enough to get a listen. We've now proven that baby is indeed related to his brothers. Finally baby settled down, we were able to take some pictures of baby hanging out with his hands by his head waving hello, and get a good read on the strong, loud, fast heartbeat of baby caboose.
I'm still not feeling the best. I'm tired most of the time but not super exhausted. I feel OK when I get up but slowly lose steam throughout the day. These things I can live with. However, by the afternoon my stomach hurts, my head hurts and I feel like I might throw up. Not to mention I become super moody, bitchy and down right mean. Not to the boys but more to my husband. I had some choice words for him the other day that he may or may not have deserved ( I can't remember and truly don't care). I'm really tired of feeling this way and would really like to feel more "normal" and get on with my life. We won't even discuss my face. I'll just say that I may need to call Jessica Simpson and order some of her Proactive.
Other than this not much else to report. It's a hot, humid lazy weekend. I need to clean - and I may or may not get to it. I need to do laundry for my trip home and I will probably take a nap. Super fun and exciting I know - jealous?

2 comments:

Ingle Nook said...

Glad to hear everything of OK with baby C. Look forward to seeing you in ATL.

Tiffany said...

When will you find out what it is? I don't love being pregnant but I have to say that I'm a little jealous. There is something so special about having a little one to look forward to. I wish I could see you in Hotlanta next week. Now that I get to talk to you through your blog I think it would be fun to get together and see your kids and stuff. Can you go back at the end of September? That's when I am going.