Tuesday, June 10, 2008

On Notice - Beauregard

My best friend is a big, beautiful blonde. He also has four legs and sheds like a crazy person. However, I let that slide because he loves me more than food (or as much as since I'm the one that feeds him) and I love him more than I like most people. However, he is getting on my last nerve and if he doesn't step it up he may lose his heel of the bread loaf privilege. See for YEARS he's been hunting and eating socks. He'll eat the big socks but he's constantly on the prowl for the little socks. Since it's been warm there really haven't been any socks (we haven't had to rock the crocs with socks since May), and I think he's going through with drawls. I have no idea why the pup likes to do this. Every time he eats a sock it comes right back up - ALWAYS in my dining room. I've cleaned that carpet so many times that the cleaning supply people should be sending me thank you notes. I'm so tired of scrubbing the floor. I'm tired of finding super fun spots first thing in the morning. I'm sick of buying socks! I mean, I put up with the mess in the yard, the smells and the gallons upon gallons of hair he leaves behind. However, I am beyond sick of the
ca ca in the dining room. At least try and make it to the foyer - two feet away. There is tile there and can be mopped up - then I won't have to get on my hands and knees and scrub the floor while I curse the day we picked you up from the crazy lady in Brazelton. Low and behold last night he trapped and killed an innocent baby sock. Yeah, you need to keep hiding my furry friend because if I catch you with a sock again I'm calling the boys and letting them know it's OK for them to ride you and pull your tail. You don't believe me - hide and watch my friend, hide and watch.

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

You are too funny. I say go to the thrift store, buy him some socks, and let him eat so many that the novelty has worn off and he makes himself so sick that he can't even stand the sight of a sock.

Peaches and Cheese said...

Oh Tiff,
The dog is 8, he's been hunting socks since he was a pup and has thrown up all over my house. I'm not sure the novelty of the sock is ever going to go away. I think he's like an drug abuser - he just can't stop....

Anonymous said...

Are with drawls the way people down in Mississippi talk?

Peaches and Cheese said...

That's the way spell check spelled it so I went with that. It didn't look right too me but it looked fun. Deal. with. it.

Anonymous said...

Jane said it was wrong. Your mother know everything.

Peaches and Cheese said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Peaches and Cheese said...

Really anonymous - she "know" everything? Looks like someone else is an awesome speller...