Friday, February 27, 2009

I like big butts and I cannot lie...

Throughout my pregnancy I had a deal with the nurses and midwife that the number on the scale would NEVER be uttered. I did not want to know where I was beginning or where I ended. If there was an issue they could let me know but other than that mum was the word. I truly became a bit bratty about it. I was aware that I didn't start out my pregnancy thin and I knew for a fact I wouldn't end up that way because I don't "nest" during pregnancy I eat and watch TV.
Today I had my six week after birth appointment. Super fun. I decided that I would check the number on the scale today - just to get a jumping off point for a possible weight loss goal. Bad idea. The big, fat roly poly number ruined my day. Also, come to find out, I actually weigh less right now then I did when I started. My fat butt is actually smaller than it was a year ago!
Now, I'm not a giant woman. I'm actually pretty normal really (if normal is XXL I suppose). However normal stinks when I still need to lose 20 lbs. to be "ideal" and apparently an entire person if I want to be Kate Moss.
Now, I will NEVER tell you or anyone else what the number on the scale was today. I'm always surprised when ladies tell their weight. TC says I should work for NASA because I've kept my weight so secret and would rather take a beating than reveal it. Those people at the fair that "guess the weight" can kiss my butt - unless they want to guess 105 and then I'll pay extra. The fact that I actually know the number right now is a lot and pretty much stinks!
To be honest I have zero ambition right now to diet. I'm actually ALWAYS hungry and constantly want to eat. I try and tell myself that's because I'm nursing and burning extra calories. However, I think it's just because I'm piggish and bored. As much as I love my new bundle of joy and his brothers I'm not exactly having a rip roaring good time right now. I rarely interact with adults and I don't get any time to myself, so the idea of then depriving myself of chocolate seems silly to me. I try to just not buy sweets - or really food in general - but I lose that battle often (since I have to feed my family but whatever).
It's just so annoying. So, to stop being annoyed I'm going to go eat 27 pieces of pizza, down some M&M's and swig some diet coke. That will show my butt who's in charge...

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Thanks for putting the "I like big butts" song in my head. That's fun.
I say you have a tiny baby--don't worry about your weight right now!

Peaches and Cheese said...

Maybe you should teach the song to Joe - I think he would like it ;)

Tiffany said...

Oh, he would absolutely love it! I think it could go with his Jupiter stupider song.