Monday, April 20, 2009

Sorry it's been so long...

Wow, it's been a while. One one hand I've been super busy - working, shopping, facebooking, and taking care of three boys. On the other hand I haven't done anything that I figure anyone really cares to read about. Most of you can guess that I've been knee deep in screaming children, poopy pants and crappy weather. So, I just didn't see any reason to bore you with stories about all of that.

I started this blog as cheap therapy. If I could vent about all things Satan's Pants then maybe I could have a better attitude about it. Truth be told I still don't have a great attitude, but I enjoy writing things down and hearing from "readers" who either agree with me or at least think it's entertaining. Not to mention I get a hearty chuckle out of myself from time to time to make it all worth it.

Since it's been so long I think I should just up date you on what's been going on. The baby is great. He's a lousy sleeper but his sweet little smiles make up for that. We had a scare last month where they thought his skull was prematurely fused together and would require surgery. We had to have x-rays taken and when they turned out inconclusive we had to have a baby cat scan. Talk about sick at your stomach, wanting to puke craziness. We had the x-rays taken on a Monday afternoon. After calling every day that week the doctors office finally called me back on Friday morning to tell me the x-rays were inconclusive. I was one ticked off mama. We had to schedule a cat scan and they couldn't get us in until the following Wednesday. After the scan we had to wait another few days before they called to let me know everything was OK. On the one hand I was super happy that nothing is wrong with my precious baby. On the other I wanted to key the car of every nurse, doctor and radiologist that made me wait two weeks until I finally received news.

We spent Easter in Atlanta and it was awesome being home. TC traveled with us (no way in Satan's Pants was I going to travel with the three boys alone) so we acted like we were tourists and did things in Atlanta that I had never done. It's amazing what you don't do in a city when you live there. In the 26 years I lived in Atlanta I had never been to the Cyclorama or Oakland Cemetery. Now I can check them off of my list. We went to a hockey game, ate at the Varsity and visited with family. It was a great visit. Next time TC comes down we'll go to the World of Coke and maybe the aquarium. And while I'm there I'm going to wear my bright pink I heart ATL shirt and talk like a Midwesterner so I can truly be a tourist!

That's really all that's going on in my life right now. I'm knee deep in all things boys and I'm exhausted. I miss blogging and I miss the comments so I'll try to get back into the groove of things. If it's a while again though please don't be disappointed - just bear with me.

No comments: