Monday, September 29, 2008

Hello again, hello..

Sorry it's been so long. I've been super busy and haven't had a lot of time to rant - or really anything to rant about. Sure, some things have ticked me off - like the fact that comfortable shoes have to be ugly, UGA got their butts kicked by (I can't even say the name) and the economy is in shambles. Other than that I'm good.
My parents came for a quick visit last weekend. We had a nice time. We went to the farmers market, watched my oldest "play" football - he ran the wrong direction when he was quarterback so I wouldn't necessarily say he played. We ate - a lot - and watched football. We also took a trip up North to show my parents the AWESOME campground known as Yogi Bear. Worse -than - expected. For those of you who know my mom she has some photo's. Ingles Nook, please look at your own risk. I'm afraid you might wet your pants. I wasn't lying when I said that there was a giant Yogi bear statue in the front. As it turns out, there is also a lovely grouping of statues on top of the welcome center. So ridiculous! I think we've talked TC out of getting a camper and going to Yogi Bear - at least for a year. My dad asked him why he would want to go with a 5 month old. I guess he hadn't thought about that (duh). He's put off looking for a camper for a year. Hopefully I can come up with another reason next year as to why going to Yogi Bear and sleeping in a camper 10 feet away from another family (who may or may not have teeth or bathe) is not my idea of fun.
The baby is beginning to kick. Actually, baby is playing soccer in my tummy. As baby gets bigger I feel safe in saying he will probably kick harder and more often. I think the caboose and I need to have a little talk. I'm just over 5 months, already a little uncomfortable, fat as a house, and a bit cranky about the whole thing. I realize things get worse - I'm a professional at this now - but I'm not sure anyone can handle my attitude getting worse. Note to caboose - cool it with the kicks. They hurt mommy...
Everyone else is doing fine. The oldest is now a tiger scout and selling popcorn if you need any. He sold $160 worth at the Kwik Trip Saturday (true story - he and his dad set up a table outside and badgered people going in and out of the store). He's very proud of his accomplishment (as am I). I wouldn't have done as well. I don't like to sell things - just buy them. The little one and I are going to pick apples tomorrow with his school. He's quite excited. I have a feeling this may be a bit of a nightmare - he has no fear and I see him climbing the apple trees - but I think it will be fun. Good time, good times.
TTFN!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I was wondering if you were ever going to blog again!
Does your oldest win some sort of award for selling so much popcorn? Our scouts are selling it here too. I haven't bought any yet but maybe I should buy some in honor of your little guy.

Peaches and Cheese said...

He may receive some sort of badge. Every scout was asked to sell $150 worth of popcorn. We exceeded this amount and were pretty excited about it until we received an email from the popcorn lady that said if you sold more than $750 in a week your name went in a drawing for a prize - and 2 scouts had already sold that much. What show offs! I'm finished - I don't enjoy selling things and I hit the quota I was given...