Tuesday, January 20, 2009

New chapter...

I'm baaaaack...... At least until I crash - which could be any minute now. I haven't "slept" since 27 weeks gestation and since I've had the baby I've slept less than usual. On the upside I've been a lot more comfortable and haven't had to go to the bathroom every 27 seconds. On the down side I'm beyond exhausted and not sure if I've brushed my teeth today (or yesterday) and hope everyone likes the outfit I have on because I've had it on for days and don't see an end in sight (I don't have a lot that fits and unless I buy every color of velor track pants you'll have to deal with the black and blue pair). However, I have the most adorable little boy and he's worth it. Now, call me at 2:30 a.m. and see if I still have that stellar attitude.
Labor and delivery went fine. I'm not going to sugar coat it for everyone that hasn't gone through it -It's no piece of cake. However, if you time your epidural right it's not so bad. I had the cutest British anesthesiologist with the cutest accent (he liked mine to by the way). I was so embarrassed when he asked me my weight -grrr. I was going to lie but the nurse had my chart so she would have called me on it. Also, I think if I had given him a bogus number that was too light then I wouldn't have had the correct ratio of meds to fat and that could have been bad. After that I got a little sick and anxious - like I was having a panic attack in slow motion and had to take a little nap to gain back my strength. I wasn't sure if I would have been able to push in the state I was in. When it came time to have the baby and push I pushed him out in 5 minutes flat and now here we are! TAA DAA!
The hospital stay was fine. The nurses and people are super nice and they try to make your stay comfortable. Operative word here is try. Every morning someone wakes you up to take blood - like at 5:30 in the morning. The nurses come in and want to take blood pressure etc. throughout the day as well starting at the crack of dawn. They are stingy with their pain meds and want to watch you nurse your baby to make sure you're doing it right. I've had two other kids - I think I can nurse - and I clearly don't need an audience.
We're home now. Baby has his days and nights mixed up and mommy's hormones are in flux. I don't have a lot of energy right now but I'm stabilizing. I cry over everything and the bank crisis has me on edge again. Hopefully soon we'll all be on a "schedule" and feeling better. I'm super happy to be finished with pregnancy, labor and delivery and happy to start the new chapter as mommy of three boys. Wish us all luck :)

2 comments:

Grammy said...

So proud of you!! You are a wonderful mom and God has blessed you with 3 little boys! Cherish every moment, I know it is hard but they grow much faster than we really imagine.

Give everyone hugs and kisses from Aunt Ricki and keep some for you.
hope to see you soon.

Tiffany said...

Your little caboose is adorable!!! I don't know what your hubby looks like but so far all three of your boys look just like you or your dad. Just sayin'.
I have new appreciation for what you go through living in Satan's Pants. I've seen enough snow in the past two weeks to last me a few years!