Monday, June 8, 2009

Crash. Fly. Cold as crap!

I know I've become the worlds worst blogger. I suppose things were just going too well and I didn't have anything to gripe about. Things were just swimming along and I was blissfully unaware of all things negative. HOWEVER, things can change on a dime and now I'm one pissed off peach!
TC and I went to the beach last week. We had a great time. It was so nice to get away for a weekend sans kids and kick it 27 style in Destin. We layed by the pool, drank Coronas with lime and ate delicious sea food. However, this little second honeymoon was bookended by total crap. Before we left I wrecked the car. I know - the horror. The poor precious silver mini van was crushed by a 17 year old in a crapmobile trying to get back to school before 5th period. Who's fault was it? HIS! Although legally it was mine - DEVIL! When we got home from Florida we received word that this little fender bender actually totaled the van and I no longer have transportation around Satan's pants. Now Mr. 17 is going to have to sell me his hooptie so I can get from point A to point B (apparently without the fancy doors that open with the push of a button - so makes me want to cry).
As we were leaving for Destin we rolled up to the airport 29 minutes before our flight was taking off. Departing at 6:50 a.m. and traveling through the worlds smallest airport one would think this was acceptable. Apparently no. We missed to cut off to have our luggage placed under the plane. So Stupid! We had to put all of my stuff (from my giant suitcase) into TC's tiny suitcase. I had my clothes, carried on my makeup and bought toiletries in Destin. However, I did not have a blow dryer. Oh. My. Heavens - what a freaking mess. No blow dryer in Florida - talk about a frizzed out hunk of a straw. Needless to say there are no pictures of me from the trip. If there was it would be of a frizzy mess with her middle finger waving hello.
On the way back we made it to the airport in plenty of time. However, we sat at the airport for 5 hours waiting for glue to dry. I'm totally serious. There was something on the wing that needed to be glued and since it was raining the glue wouldn't dry. I read almost half of a 700 page book (by the way - I heart Edward) and watched Fox news before we ever got out. We finally made it to Atlanta, then had a layover in Detroit where I almost had to bitch slap a sassy lady who thought she owned the moving sidewalk, and then finally got a flight out to Satan's pants. We were suppose to be home at 3 p.m. and in time for soccer. Instead we got home at midnight and just a little frazzled. The airlines are EVIL and they need to be beaten.
Since all of this I've just been sitting at home watching the rain - It's 55 degrees in June here and I'm more than a little ticked off about it. I understand the south is hotter than blue blazes right now but come on - 55! That's just evil. I hate this place...


Ingle Nook said...

Oh my! You are the 2nd person I have heard of recently that either their plane left early or they missed a cut off! Don't people know we schedule life around the planes take-off time?? I am sorry you are cold!

Peaches and Cheese said...

The fact that I pay out the wazoo for plane tickets so they don't have to become a recession statistic would make you think they would be a bit more understanding and helpful. However, it's my fault for being late for check in and apparently my fault for having to sit in an airport for 6 hours. GRRRRR!